Timeline of Lynch Family Events
Lynch Family Murder Menu:
Timeline of Events Related to George W. Lynch & Family.
- 1838 - Geo. W. Lynch born near Navasota, Grimes county.
- 1839-12-05 - a Geo. Lynch, single, awarded 320 acres in Grimes county.
- 1860-07-04 - married Cyllanae Hargrave.
- 1860-08-14 - signed resolution of vigilance.
- 1860-11-06 - Abraham Lincoln won presidency.
- 1861-04-04 - Abraham Lincoln took office.
- 1861-10-26 - 160 acres in Titus county, Bowie Scrip.
- 1862-04-12 - Confederates fire first shot of the Civil War at Fort Sumpter.
- 1869-05-08 - Geo W Lynch purchased part of Thomas Ellington & J. Mills survey in southern part of Grimes county for $350.
- 1871-03-20 - Cyllanae Lynch bought 116 acres in southern Grimes county.
- 1878-08 - Cyllanae died.
- 1878-09-13 - George W. Lynch shot and his children murdered.
- 1878-09-27 - Robt W. Finklea "a valuable state witness" murdered.
- 1878-10-26 - George Lynch & John Binford shoot at each other in Hockley.
- 1879-10-13 - Frank Hargrave, brother-in-law of George Lynch, shot and killed Musco Boulware Jr.
- 1880 - George Lynch is on the census in Leadville, Lake cty, Colorado as a miner.
- 1881-06-18 - George Lynch convicted of murder and incarcerated in Colorado State Penitentiary.
- 1881-07-03 - George Lynch is convicted of murder.
- 1881-07-18 - George Lynch given life sentence.
- 1893-04-25 - George Lynch pardoned and released from Colorado penitentiary.
- 1901-10-21 - G. W. Lynch; 80.4 acres; Hunt School Land, Weiland, Hunt county, Texas.
Newspaper articles may be read at Timeline of News Reports.