|A proposal to use DNA to help solve some of the Cloud family ancestry
mysteries was first proposed to the rootsweb Cloud surname email forum
in October of 2002. In early 2005, the project found a sponsor in
the Cloud Family Association and it is committed to making the resource
available to anyone descended from the Cloud family, whether they are
a member of the Association or not.
|The focus of this project is on the use of the Y-chromosome portion
of the DNA. Please visit the information pages on this site to read about how DNA is used in genealogical research, the types of tests available and what can be expected from them.
|Information on the Project and the use of DNA in genealogical research,
as well as information on how to join, can be found by following the appropriate
|The links on the left are:
- Cloud DNA Home - This page.
- Why DNA - Ways in which DNA can help genealogical research.
- Goals - The reasons we're using this tool and what we expect
- Guidelines - The procedures used and how to participate.
- FAQ - Answers to the most common questions
about the use of DNA in genealogy.
- DNA Basics - A brief introduction to DNA and how it is used
- The DNA Lab - Information about the testing service that
performs our DNA tests.
- The DNA Test - How the DNA sample is taken and what is done
- We need You - Why we need you to join the Project.
- Project Rules - The simple requirements for
- Registration - The Registration Form.
- Submit Pedigree - Submit your Pedigree Information.
- The Data - The current results from our Project.
- Understanding - A guide to understanding the Project results.
- Interpretation - Our best analysis of what the results mean.
- Pedigree Chart - The lineages of our test participants.
- Links - Interesting and informative web sites.
- FTDNA Site Map - A useful guide
to our testing company's web site.
- Contact -- Email the Project Administrator with your questions.
| *(Anyone descended from the Cloud family can join the Project.
It is not restricted to Cloud Family Association members. See "Project Rules" for eligibility.)