1854 - Abt 1899 (~ 48 years)
||Benjamin Franklin "Ben" Scaggs |
||Between 1851 and 1854
||Christian county, Missouri, USA 
||Aug 03, 1870
||Springfield, Greene county, Missouri, USA 
- Census cites age as 16 or b. abt 1854; living with father and step mother.
||Greene county, Missouri, USA 
- Enumerated with other family members.
||Jun 23, 1880
||Brookline, Greene county, Missouri, USA [8, 9, 10]
- 1880 MO Census, Brookline, Greene, Mo.,Vol.13, Ed.38, Sh.32, Ln.24 lists family as: Ben Scaggs, 26 b. MO; Manerva, wife, 25, b.TN; Ally dau. 5, b. MO; Josie dau 3, b. MO; Fannie dau. 10/12 b. MO; Louisa Cloud, mother-in-law, age 50 b. TN
||Wilson Creek, Greene county, Missouri, USA
||Cemetery near Wilson Creek Battlegrounds, Christian county, Missouri, USA
census 1880 Green Co.,Brookline, Mo.;Vol.1;E.D.38;p.32;line 22;Federal Census,
Laguna Nigual Archives.
Louisa (Cloud) Scaggs, ML, age 50, b.TN, living with Ben during 1880 census.
This census includes Miranda 25, Allie 5, Josie 3, and Fannie 10/12.
Henry B. Warren,Jr. talked about uncle Tom and Dick Scaggs, brothers, which possibly belongs to this family. Dick Scaggs had a reputation of being a tough guy in Springfield, MO. He had an 8" punch that knocked people out in one punch. His brother Tom lived in Tulsa, OK. and was married to Sarah. He had worked for an oil company and was care taker of the oil properties in Tulsa during his retirement years. The property was later donated to the University of Tulsa and Tom was forced to move. He bought a place on East 3rd St. in Tulsa where he lived until his death. They had two children Berneace and Wilbur. The daughter was living in Tulsa, OK. and the son died in TX, There is the possibility of another brother of Tom's named Frank who married Norma and also lived in Tulsa.
||Jul 18, 2006 |
||Richard Scaggs, b. Abt 1829/30, Edmonson county, Kentucky, USA , d. Feb 22, 1911, Springfield, Greene county, Missouri, USA (Age ~ 81 years) |
||Sarah Dixon, d. Abt 1859, Republic, Greene county, Missouri, USA |
||Abt 1850 
||Lydia Miranda Cloud, b. Jan 12, 1854, Hancock county, Tennessee, USA , d. Feb 22, 1911, Springfield, Greene county, Missouri, USA (Age 57 years) |
||May 05, 1875
||Ozark, Christian county, Missouri, USA [12, 13]
- 1880 census, MO, Greene, Brookline, p. 32, e.d. 38, (T9-0687, p. 135)
June 23, 1880, HH 273
Scaggs, Ben, W, M, 26, farmer, MO, KY, KY
" , Manerva, W, F, 25, wife, keeping house, TN, TN, TN
" , Ally, 5, dau, MO
" , Josie, 3, dau, MO
" , Fannie, 10/12, Aug, dau, MO
Cloud, Louisa, W,F, 50, mother in law, at home, TN, TN, TN
| ||1. Ally Scaggs, b. Abt 1875, Missouri, USA , d. |
| ||2. Josie Scaggs, b. Abt 1877, Missouri, USA , d. |
|+||3. Fannie Louisa Scaggs, b. Aug 12, 1879, Wilson Creek, Greene county, Missouri, USA , d. Oct 27, 1924, Springfield, Greene county, Missouri, USA (Age 45 years)|
|+||4. Lona May Scaggs, b. Aug 09, 1883, d. Mar 23, 1955 (Age 71 years)|
| ||5. Richard F. Scaggs, b. Oct 1885, d. |
| ||6. Archie A. Scaggs, b. Jul 06, 1888, d. Nov 25, 1969 (Age 81 years)|
- [S1508] Hobock, David, email to Tom Cloud of JAN 26, 2006.
- [S135] 1880 US federal census, 1880 Census, Brookline, Greene county, Missouri, T9-0687, p. 135D.
- [S1522] Gedcom - Hobock, David.
- [S1652] Cunningham, LaVonna, post to SCAGGS bulletin board at rootsweb.com of MAR 4, 2006.
- [S14] 1870 US federal census, Census cites age as 16 or b. 1854, MO (Reliability: 1).
- [S14] 1870 US federal census (Reliability: 3).
Greene, 269, Wilson TWP,pg. 328,Ln.1332, Springfield, Microfilm Roll T593/777
- [S1539] State Census (Reliability: 3).
1876 Census of Greene County Missouri, Book 58, Page/Family 131
- [S1523] Nolan, Dora (Reliability: 2).
Ida Lancaster, Book "Skaggs the Long Hunter, Vol. 111" and her e-mail 12 Jan 2002 txrose-at-arm.net>; Cites Marriage Record, Col. 58, p.214, Greene Co., MO
- [S1531] National Archives - Laguna Niguel, California, Soundex T758-89 MO 1880 (Reliability: 1).
- [S135] 1880 US federal census, 1880 census, MO, Greene, Brookline, p. 32, e.d. 38, (T9-0687, p. 135).
- [S1537] Military Pension, widow's application, Soldiers Certificate No. 689185 (Reliability: 3).
Declaration of a widow for accrued pension, filed Christian Co., MO, 2 Jun 1904 before a Notary Public. Cites mariage in Christian County, Mo 20 Sep 1895 of Richard Scaggs to Louisa L. Forbis. Widow of J.G. Forbis who died in Dec 1880. Richard Scaggs had previously been married to Sarah Dixon, who died about 1863.
- [S1533] Affidavit, Springfield, MO, See Lydia M. Cloud note. (Reliability: 3).
- [S1523] Nolan, Dora (Reliability: 2).
John Allen Rider, 3002 North Grant Street, Enid, OK 73703-1686; e-mail email@example.com, in message 17 Aug 1998. Record in file.