1832 - 1841 (9 years)
||Allen Seybold |
||Feb 13, 1832
||Pike county, Illinois, USA
||Aug 17, 1841
||? Pike county, Illinois, USA
||Seybold Cemetery, Pike county, Illinois, USA 
- His (her) tombstone reads "Allene Seybold, d. 17 Aug 1841, aged 9 yrs, 6 mo, 22 da".
||May 9, 2009 |
||James Seybold, b. Jan 02, 1802, Madison county, Illinois, USA , d. Apr 15, 1869, Pike county, Illinois, USA (Age 67 years) |
||Hannah Olive Gaskill, b. Feb 10, 1810, Tioga county, New York, USA , d. Jan 09, 1892, Pike county, Illinois, USA (Age 81 years) |
||Oct 31, 1824
||Madison county, Illinois, USA 
- An old history of Pike County states that when James and Olive Seybold settled in Fairmount township in 1835 the nearest human habitation was a log cabin 6 miles away. James and Olive built themselves a house -- a 2 story frame structure, 32' x 28', containing 4 large rooms, 2 on each floor. The house is still standing and has been restored to an almost original condition by descendents. It is known as "The Old Seybold Place". They purchased about 500 acres there in 1835. The following year, he bought another 80 acres adjoining it but in Adams county.
The "Portrait and Biographical Album of Pike & Calhoun Co., ILL", 1891 says that when the war broke out James was past the years of army service but he finally succeeded in joining the 27th Illinois Infantry. Owing to his age he was assigned to hospital duty during a period of more than a year. Four of his sons entered the service with him and one gave up his life for his country.
- [S48] Pike County, Illinois, Seybold Cemetery.
- [S57] Illinois Marriage Record Index, License 481, vol 6, pg 13, Madison County.
- [S46] History of Pike County.
- [S47] Portrait and Biographical Album of Pike & Calhoun.