Abt 1815 - Bef 1874 (~ 58 years)
||Virginia Jane "Jennie" McDade |
||Jun 24, 1860
||Travis, Austin county, Texas, USA 
||Jul 06, 1870
||Bellville, Austin county, Texas, USA 
||Mar 23, 2011 |
||Charles Alexander McDade, b. Abt 1784, Warren county, Georgia, USA , d. Mar 10, 1839, Mount Meigs, Montgomery county, Alabama, USA (Age ~ 55 years) |
||Edna Adeline Fields, b. 1790, ? South Carolina or Georgia, USA , d. Aug 26, 1874, Mount Meigs, Montgomery county, Alabama, USA (Age 84 years) |
||Mar 12, 1808
||Washington county, Georgia, USA
- Other information says they married Mt. Meigs, Montgomery County, Alabama.
- They lived in the McDade Settlement in Montgomery county Alabama until their deaths.
Note from Geraldine Talley geraldine-at-talleycomp.com> 11-23-98
"Tom, I have a copy of Adeline Fields McDade's Probate Record showing her death date. It shows it to be the 26th day of August, 1874 in Montgomery Co. Her son, Charles McDade, was the administrator because she left no will and had amassed more wealth than that which her husband, the older Charles McDade, had left to his heirs. However, she had longer than he did to amass it -- he died March 10, 1839. The Daughters of the War of 1812 placed a bronze marker on his grave, but when I was there this summer it was no longer there. There is a large grave-shaped-build-up of brick and I was told Charles was buried on top of his father's grave site. His father was James McDade, a Revolutionary Soldier. This James McDade is not the RS shown in the NDAR lineage books -- he is from Virginia. Our James McDade is from South Carolina and is mentioned in the Texas DAR book on Texans who have ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War."
||James M. Cloud, b. 1812 OR 1816, Twiggs county, Georgia, USA , d. |
- Youngblood-Armstrong says: "James Cloud moved to Austin Co. Texas, going overland, by horseback. Other men in the Mt. Meigs neighborhood went at the same time. Later, Jennie took their children and slaves by boat from Montgomery to New Orleans and thence to Hempstead, which at that time was in Austin county, now Waller county." In the administration of Jennie's father's estate, 1840 in Alabama, is the statement that she and her husband were non-residents, proving that they had moved from Alabama to Texas prior to that date.
The name of only one child is known (Mary, who married Joseph Francis). In the settlement of Jennie's mother's estate (Adeline] in 1874, Mary is listed as an heir, residing in Texas, and the daughter of Jennie Cloud, deceased.
In BELLVILLE: THE FOUNDERS AND THEIR LEGACY by Isabel Frizzell (note the name -- James' eldest brother married Margaret Frizzle.) there is this statement on p. 10, "Four other original purchasers, all farmers, appear to have been settled in the Piney-Cochran area before the town of Bellville was founded. One of these, James M. Cloud, bought Lot 3 in Block F. Cloud was listed in the 1850 census as a 38-year old farmer who came from Georgia."
1860 census, TX, Austin cty, Travis pct, p. 43, June 24
enumerated by "Jerry Cloud"
-- HH 329/329
Joseph FRANCIS, 41, M, farmer, $5620, $7400, TN
Mary J. FRANCIS (wife), 28, F, AL
Jane FRANCIS (child), 7, F, TX
Charles C Francis (child), 6, M, TX
Jo(?) W FRANCIS(child), 4, M, TX
M.W. FRANCIS(child), 1, F, TX
Gundy GONZLES, 45, M, laborer, Mexico
Jas M CLOUD, 47, M, farmer, $1625, $6750, GA
Jane CLOUD(wife), 46, F, GA
H.G.W. CLOUD Jr, 20, M, laborer, TX
Martha WISE, 37, F, seamstress, NC
Martha MURPHY, 15, F, student, AL
1870 census, TX, Austin, Bellville, p. 53, July 6
-- HH 385
CLOUD, James, 57, M, W, GA
CLOUD, Jane, 55, F, W, GA
CLOUD, Henry, 19, M, B, TX
CLOUD, George, 19, M, B, LA
CLOUD, John, 11, M, B, TX
CLOUD, Rebecca, 12, F, B, TX
-- HH 386
CLOUD, Joseph, 54, M, B, AL
CLOUD, Caroline, 53, F, B, MD
CLOUD, William, 19, M, B, TX
CLOUD, Margaret, 11, F, B, TX
CLOUD, Maria, 11, F, B, TX
-- HH 387
CLOUD, Elizabeth, 35, F, B, TX
CLOUD, Mary, 10, F, B, TX
|+||1. Mary Jane Josephine Cloud, b. 1832, Alabama, USA , d. Abt 1892, Texas, USA (Age 60 years)|
| ||2. Henry George Washington Cloud, Jr., b. Abt 1840, Texas, USA , d. |
- [S1082] Francis, James, email to Tom Cloud of July 26, 2005.
- [S136] 1860 US federal census, 1860 census, TX, Austin cty, Travis pct, p. 43, June 24.
- [S1125] 1870 Mortality Schedule, 1870 census, TX, Austin, Bellville, p. 53, July 6.