1862 - 1919 (57 years)
||Margaret Carter or Skipper ? |
||Jan 21, 1862
||Texas, USA [1, 2]
||Jun 02, 1900
||Chickasha, Grady county, Indian Territory, USA 
||Konawa, Seminole county, Oklahoma, USA 
||Konawa, Seminole county, Oklahoma, USA
||May 09, 1910
||Konawa, Seminole county, Oklahoma, USA 
||Aug 01, 1919
||Konawa Cemetery, Konawa, Seminole county, Oklahoma, USA
- Dardenelle said that he'd heard that Margaret was working in Bill and Nancy's home and became pregnant, so Nancy left him. Hazel says they "eloped" to Indian Territory. Shorty said she was 12 years old when she got pregnant and that her last name was either Greenback or Skipper. (Another researcher wrote that her maiden name was Carter or MacCarter.) A Warranty Deed filed both in Seminole County, OK and in Milam County, TX, May 31st 1910, is signed "W.L. Cloud and wife, M.S. Cloud", which would imply her name was Skipper (assuming Shorty remembered her name correctly). (Since Bill had taken in several orphans, it is possible Margaret may have been orphaned also.)
The 1907 Oklahoma statehood census has her age as 44 years, implying a dob of 1863. If their first child, Mary, was born 1882, she was 18 or 19 when she conceived their first child.
(8-26-1997) Aunt Hazel said "Grandma Cloud" died one year after Grandpa Bill died. She said that they "married" in Texas and moved to Oklahoma -- but no records have been found of grandpa legally divorcing Nancy or for any marriage to Margaret. Did he ever marry Margaret?
||May 7, 2018 |
||William Lafayette "Bill" Cloud, b. Aug 23, 1851, Alabama, USA , d. Jan 19, 1917, Oklahoma, USA (Age 65 years) |
1900 census, Indian Territory, Chickasaw Nation, twp 4 N range 5 E, p. 3
enumerated June 2, 1900, lines43-50
CLOUD, William, head, W, M, Aug, 1850, 49, m. 19, AL, unk, unk
CLOUD, Margaret, wife, W, F, Jan 1863, 37, m. 19, 6 children, 3 living, TX, AL, AL
CLOUD, Jasper, son, Sept 1874, 25, single, TX, AL, TX
CLOUD, Thomas, son, Oct 1876, 23, single, TX, AL, TX
CLOUD, Jacob, son, July 1879, 20, single, TX, AL, TX
CLOUD, Mary, daughter, July 1880, 19, single, TX, AL, TX
CLOUD, John, son, Feb 1885, 15, single, Ind. Ter., AL, TX
CLOUD, Alice, daughter, Feb 1887, 13, single, Ind. Ter., AL, TX
(next page line 1)
Johnson, Myrtle, servant, W, F, Feb 1881, 19, single, MO, unk, unk
1907 census, OK, Seminole, Konawa, p. 58
Cloud, William L. Head of household, white male, 60 years of age.
Cloud Margaret S. Wife, white female, 44 years of age
Cloud, Alice J. Daughter, white female, 18 years of age
Cloud, John M., Son, white Male, 21 years of age
Hobgood, Mary, Daughter, white Female, 25 years of age
Hobgood, William H, Grandson, White Male, 2 years of age.
1910 census, OK, Seminole, Konawa, ed 185, 14-B, May 9
-- HH 238/245
RAINS, George W, head, M, W, 31, m 2 0 yrs, MO, MO, MO
RAINS, Mary, wife, F, W, 26, m2 0 yrs, 1/1 child, TX, TX, TX
RAINS, Mary G, mother, F, W, 65, widowed, 12/10 children, MO, US, US
-- HH 239/246
CLOUD, William, head, M, W, 61, m2 30 yrs, AL, AL, AL, farmer
CLOUD, Margaret, wife, F, W, 46, m2 30 yrs, 6/3 children, TX, AL, AL
CLOUD, John, son, M, W, 24, OK, AL, TX
CLOUD, William H, grandson, M, W, 5, OK, TX, TX (this is Mary's son)
|+||1. Mary Elizabeth Cloud, b. Jul 1880, Milam county, Texas, USA , d. Abt 1951, Oklahoma, USA (Age ~ 70 years)|
| ||2. John Marion Cloud, b. Feb 09, 1885, Indian Territory, Oklahoma, USA , d. Dec 10, 1974, Albuquerque, Bernalillo county, New Mexico, USA (Age 89 years)|
|+||3. Alice J. Cloud, b. Feb 22, 1887, Indian Territory, Oklahoma, USA , d. May 10, 1973, Wasco, Kern county, California, USA (Age 86 years)|
||Cloud, Margaret (Skipper?) (1863-1918)|
Margaret (Skipper?) Cloud holding Hazel CLOUD (1904-present) (top left), her grandson, Dick HOPGOOD (son of Mary CLOUD) (top right), Vernon J. CLOUD (1903-1988) (bottom left), son of William Jasper CLOUD, and Lillian "Shorty" CLOUD (1903-1992) (bottom right). This photo taken ca 1904 in Indian Territory (became Oklahoma).
- [S209] 1907 Oklahoma statehood census.
Cloud Margaret S. Wife; White female 44 years of age
- [S3961] 1900 US federal census, 1900 census, Indian Territory, Chickasaw Nation, twp 4 N range 5 E.
Her dob given as 1863.
- [S3961] 1900 US federal census, 1900 census, Indian Territory, Chickasaw Nation, twp 4 N range 5 E, p. 3.
- [S209] 1907 Oklahoma statehood census, 1907 Oklahoma state census, p. 58, Konawa.
- [S967] 1910 US federal census, 1910 census, OK, Seminole, Konawa, ed 185, 14-B, May 9.